To be eligible for a place on the Speaking My Language programme you must be registered as a doctoral student or be a post doctoral early career academic, undertaing research in an Arts and Humanities subject.
Students beginning their PhD programme in Sept/Oct 2012 are eligible to apply, as are those in their second, third or writing up/thesis pending year.
To apply for a place on the Speaking My Language programme please send, by email attachment to Deirdre.Heddon@glasgow.ac.uk, the following information by 15 August 2012
1. Name and email contact:
2. Institutional affiliation, subect area/department, and supervisor(s) name and email address:
3. Year of doctoral study or, if an early career academic, year of doctoral award:
4. Language pathway: Mandarin or Portuguese
5. 200 word summary of doctoral project:
6. 400 word statement outlining interest in, and potential benefit of participating in ‘Speaking My Language’.
7. Notable academic achievements to date: e.g. AHRC, Carnegie, or University Scholarship(s), prizes or awards.